The Director Identification Number (Director ID) is a 15 digit unique identifier that will help prevent the use of false or fraudulent director identities with the new registry services of the ABRS.
The Australian Business Registry Services (ABRS) will be introducing and maintaining the Director Identification Number as of 1 November 2021.
What do you need to do as of 1 November 2021?
Individuals who are currently a director or will be acting as a director in the future must apply for a Director ID based on the transitional arrangements specified in the table below:
How do individuals apply online for a Director ID?
- Go to the ABRS website to access the ABRS Director ID service
- Verify your identity using your myGovID credentials or create a myGovID using your smartphone and Australian identity documents ( How to set up myGovID)
- Conduct a proof of record ownership by answering two questions about your ATO record.
- Complete a Director ID application on the ABRS platform to receive the Director ID instantly.
- Advise Astro Tax of your Director ID (you can simply print a PDF copy and email to us)